American Family Association: Thank President Trump for His Pro-Life Victories in 2017
President Has Lived Up to Pro-Life Promises Made on Campaign Trail
TUPELO, Miss.—With the annual Sanctity of Human Life Month observed each January, the American Family Association (AFA, www.afa.net) is asking Americans to sign a petition thanking President Donald Trump for pro-life victories in 2017.
“President Trump begins the new year with many pro-life accomplishments,” said AFA President Tim Wildmon. “During the U.S. presidential campaign, then-candidate Donald Trump made several commitments in a letter to the pro-life community, including to nominate pro-life justices to the U.S. Supreme Court; sign into law the Pain-Capable Unborn Child Protection Act, which would end painful late-term abortions nationwide; defund Planned Parenthood as long as they continue to perform abortions and reallocating their funding to community health centers that provide comprehensive health care for women; and make the Hyde Amendment permanent law to protect taxpayers from having to pay for abortions.”
In 2017, Wildmon added, President Trump clearly demonstrated a commitment to keep his pro-life promises. He has:
- Appointed pro-life judge Neil Gorsuch to the U.S. Supreme Court.
- Reinstated the Mexico City Policy to end tax dollars paying for overseas abortions.
- Defunded the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) that is complicit with China’s abortion policy.
- Signed a resolution (H.J. Res 43) under the Congressional Review Act to give states the ability to ban Title X funding to Planned Parenthood.
- Officially reversed the Obama administration’s HHS contraceptive mandate for employers with religious and moral objections. (President Trump’s reversal is being challenged by Pennsylvania and California District Court judges.)
“Americans who are committed to protecting the unborn in 2018 should not only thank President Trump for his strong pro-life actions, but also pray for him, that he will remain committed to fight for the sanctity of human life,” Wildmon said.
Those wishing to sign the thank you sentiment may do so here.