America’s First Feminists Were Pro-Life, Writes Dr. Michael Brown in ‘Jezebel’s War with America’
Jan. 24 March for Life Theme Is ‘Life Empowers: Pro-Life is Pro-Woman’
January 20, 2020
CHARLOTTE, N.C.—This weekend’s March for Life will bring together those committed to protecting and defending life from around the nation. The theme, “Life Empowers: Pro-Life is Pro-Woman,” is especially fitting in a culture where feminism is prevalent.
In his top-selling book, “Jezebel’s War with America: The Plot to Destroy Our Country and What We Can Do to Turn the Tide,” author and national radio host Dr. Michael Brown writes that both a militant pro-abortion agenda and extreme feminism are evident because the evil spirit of Queen Jezebel, a demonically controlled woman from the Bible, is still operating in America today.
But America’s earliest feminist leaders, he writes, were pro-life.
“In contrast with today’s radical-feminist, baby-killing spirit, the women’s movement in America in the late 1800s was anything but pro-abortion,” Brown says. “These women minced no words, referring to abortionists as ‘child murderers,’ with well-known suffragist Elizabeth Cady Stanton classifying abortion as ‘infanticide.’ And these were the radical leaders of the early women’s movement in America!”
Brown points to other pioneer leaders in “Jezebel’s War with America,” Chapter 5, “The Spirit of Baby Killing:”
- “We are aware that many women attempt to excuse themselves for procuring abortions, upon the ground that it is not murder. But the fact of resort to so weak an argument only shows the more palpably that they fully realize the enormity of the crime. Is it not equally destroying the would-be future oak to crush the sprout before it pushes its head above the sod, as to cut down the sapling, or to saw down the tree? Is it not equally to destroy life, to crush it in the very germ, and to take it when the germ has evolved to any given point in the line of its development?”—Victoria Woodhull and Tennessee Claflin
- “Guilty? Yes. No matter what the motive, love of ease, or a desire to save from suffering the unborn innocent, the woman is awfully guilty who commits the deed. It will burden her conscience in life, it will burden her soul in death; but oh!, thrice guilty is he who, for selfish gratification, heedless of her prayers, indifferent to her fate, drove her to the desperation which impelled her to the crime.”—Susan B. Anthony
- “Child murderers practice their profession without let or hindrance, and open infant butcheries unquestioned … Is there no remedy for all this antenatal child murder? … Perhaps there will come a time when … an unmarried mother will not be despised because of her motherhood … and when the right of the unborn to be born will not be denied or interfered with.”—Sarah F. Norton
Notes the March for Life website: “2020 marks the 100th anniversary of the 19th Amendment of the Constitution which guarantees women the right to vote. The movement to pass the 19th Amendment was led by women suffragists, considered the early pioneers of the feminist movement, who understood that abortion ends a life and harms women. These leaders include such women as Susan B. Anthony, and Alice Paul, who said abortion is the ‘ultimate exploitation of women.’ Today, the pro-life movement is following in the footsteps of the suffragists as they advocate for equality for the unborn, believing that equal rights for women begin in the womb. Like the original feminists, the pro-life movement believes that women and society deserve better than abortion and that life is truly the empowering choice for women, babies, and society.”
Contrast, Brown says, their sentiments with those of pro-abortion leaders and their allies today.
“For example, a 2015 article featuring ‘The 25 All-Time Greatest Pro-Choice Quotes’ offers gems like these…”
- “Listen to the pregnant woman. Value her. She values the life growing inside her. Listen to the pregnant woman, and you cannot help but defend her right to abortion.”—Ayelet Waldman
Brown: “But do not under any circumstances listen to the baby in that pregnant woman’s womb.”
- “My argument has always been that nature has a master plan pushing every species toward procreation and that it is our right and even obligation as rational human beings to defy nature’s fascism. Nature herself is a mass murderer, making casual, cruel experiments and condemning 10,000 to die so that one more fit will live and thrive.—Camille Paglia, professor and social critic
Brown: “So if nature is a mass murderer, we should join the murder party. It’s survival of the fittest, after all!”
“Jezebel’s War with America” focuses on the fact that the spirit of the biblical figure Jezebel is at work today, through a fascination with witchcraft and sorcery, radical feminism coupled with the extreme pro-abortion movement, along with other spiritual and cultural forces in an attempt destroy America. Brown’s eye-opening book not only unveils a satanic plot, beginning with an all-out assault on the church, but it will equip every believer with tools to defeat the enemy in their own personal lives as well as in the nation.
Dr. Michael L. Brown is founder and president of AskDrBrown Ministries and president of FIRE School of Ministry. The author of more than 35 books, including “Saving a Sick America” and the forthcoming “Resurrection: Investigating a Rabbi From Brooklyn, a Preacher From Galilee, and an Event That Changed the World,” he is also the host of the nationally syndicated daily talk radio show “The Line of Fire,” as well as the host of shows on GOD TV, NRBTV and METV. His syndicated columns appear on many leading websites, and his scholarly publications range from biblical commentaries to articles in Semitic journals and theological dictionaries. He has served as an adjunct or visiting professor at seven leading seminaries and has debated gay activists, agnostic professors and Orthodox rabbis on university campuses.
“Jezebel’s War with America” by Dr. Michael L. Brown is released by FrontLine, an imprint of Charisma House, which publishes books that challenge, encourage, teach and equip Christians.
To book Dr. Michael L. Brown for interviews or to request a review copy of “Jezebel’s War with America,” contact Media@HamiltonStrategies.com, Jeff Tolson, 610.584.1096, ext. 108, or ext. 102.