Donald Trump: In His Own Words
In Newest Book, ‘God, Trump, and the 2020 Election,’ Stephen E. Strang Highlights Trump’s Views on Life, Religious Liberties, Israel and More
January 20, 2020
(Stephen E. Strang is an award-winning journalist, founder of Charisma and author of the best-seller “God and Donald Trump.” This content was excerpted from his new book, “God, Trump, and the 2020 Election,” out Jan. 14.)
By Stephen E. Strang
Donald J. Trump may be the most covered president in history. This is partly due to the way he dominates the news cycle with his tweets and his larger-than-life personality. The “fake news media” hate him, yet they report his every move. On top of the news coverage, he uses Twitter to accomplish his agenda. Everyone seems to know what Donald Trump is thinking. Or do we?
As the election looms, I have filled my new book, “God, Trump, and the 2020 Election,” with tens of thousands of words of my opinion and those of several dozen news sources. I have tried to be objective, although it’s clear how much I respect the president and believe he is doing a good job and must be reelected. But what does the president think is important as we approach the next election? What does he think about the issues that will affect not only the United States and the world but also your life and mine? There’s only one way to know. To find out what he thinks, we must look to what he has said.
I interviewed the president during his campaign in 2016, as I have interviewed a number of presidential candidates, governors, and other politicians in my 45-year media career. But interviewing Donald Trump in the midst of his unlikely campaign was markedly different. With Trump what you see on television is not what you get behind the scenes. The Republican nominee demonstrated a humility we don’t see in the liberal media sound bites. He was still a straight shooter, but his sincerity was far more striking than I would have expected. I asked the kinds of questions I thought most of my readers would want to ask. His answers revealed a confident, determined man who is truly committed to making America great again through principles that honor God rather than defy Him.
This election is one of the most important in recent history. And the best way to understand the issues addressed in my book is to hear Trump in his own words.
If my interview in 2016 wasn’t a foreshadowing of the president we would see in the next four years, we got to know him in the tweets he sent out at an average of 16 a day. I culled through his tweets, which are considered official pronouncements from the president of the United States, to show what he says about several important topics. I am letting what Donald Trump said speak for itself:
- His love for the American people: I don’t want to Win for myself, I only want to Win for the people. (@realDonaldTrump, August 28, 2019)
- Keeping his promises: Together, we are breaking the most sacred rule in Washington Politics: we are KEEPING our promises to the American People. Because my only special interest is YOU! Trump2020 (@realDonaldTrump, June 18, 2019)
- Creating jobs: BIG NEWS! As I promised two weeks ago, the first shipment of LNG has just left the Cameron LNG Export Facility in Louisiana. Not only have thousands of JOBS been created in USA, we’re shipping freedom and opportunity abroad! (@realDonaldTrump, June 2, 2019)
- Moving the U.S. embassy to Jerusalem: Today marks the one-year anniversary of the opening of the United States Embassy in Jerusalem, Israel. Our beautiful embassy stands as a proud reminder of our strong relationship with Israel and of the importance of keeping a promise and standing for the truth. (@realDonaldTrump, May 14, 2019)
- Supporting farmers: Today I am making good on my promise to defend our Farmers & Ranchers from unjustified trade retaliation by foreign nations. I have authorized Secretary Perdue to implement the 2nd round of Market Facilitation Payments. Our economy is stronger than ever—we stand with our Farmers! (@realDonald Trump, December 17, 2018)
- The Supreme Court: The Supreme Court is one of the main reasons I got elected President. I hope Republican Voters, and others, are watching, and studying, the Democrats Playbook (@realDonaldTrump, September 18, 2018)
- Immigration and the wall: My Administration is acting swiftly to address the illegal immigration crisis on the Southern Border. Loopholes in our immigration laws all supported by extremist open border Democrats . . . and that’s what they are—they’re extremist open border Democrats… (@realDonaldTrump, June 21, 2018)
- Protecting America: Democrats want Open Borders and Crime! So dangerous for our Country. But we are building a big, beautiful, NEW Wall! I will protect America, the Dems don’t know where to start! (@realDonaldTrump, August 19, 2019)
- Criticism from the media: The question I was asked most today by fellow World Leaders, who think the USA is doing so well and is stronger than ever before, happens to be, “Mr. President, why does the American media hate your Country so much? Why are they rooting for it to fail?” (@realDonaldTrump, August 25, 2019)
- Building a strong economy: In the “old days” if you were President and you had a good economy, you were basically immune from criticism. Remember, “It’s the economy stupid.” Today I have, as President, perhaps the greatest economy in history … and to the Mainstream Media, it means NOTHING. But it will! (@realDonaldTrump, April 23, 2019)
- The black vote: So if African-American unemployment is now at the lowest number in history, median income the highest, and you then add all of the other things I have done, how do Democrats, who have done NOTHING for African-Americans but TALK, win the Black Vote? And it will only get better! (@realDonald Trump, September 30, 2018)
- Religious persecution: Christians in the Middle-East have been executed in large numbers. We cannot allow this horror to continue! (@real DonaldTrump, January 29, 2017)
- Praying for the nation: On this day of prayer, we once again place our hopes in the hands of our Creator. We give thanks for this wondrous land of liberty, & we pray that THIS nation—OUR home—these United States—will forever be strengthened by the Goodness and the Grace & the eternal GLORY OF GOD! (@realDonald Trump, May 2, 2019)
- Tenacity in the face of adversity: Adversity is a fact of life. Be bigger than the problems, be ready to fight for your rights, & all will be well—Trump Never Give Up (@realDonaldTrump, July 17, 2014)
Millions of words have been written about the president. (And I’ve written a few of them myself!) But rarely is the spiritual dimension mentioned, though it is the most important dimension of all. The secular community doesn’t understand it, and many Christians are oblivious to what God is saying.
To interview Stephen E. Strang or for a review copy of “God, Trump, and the 2020 Election,” contact Media@HamiltonStrategies.com, Jeff Tolson, 610.584.1096, ext. 108, or Deborah Hamilton, ext. 102.