Dr. Alex McFarland: Why America’s Youth Desperately Need Truth for a New Generation
This Year, Events Around America Will Help Teens Find Truth and Stand Unashamed for Christ
And where, asks religion and culture expert, national radio host and author Dr. Alex McFarland, do young people search for truth? Media and video games? Non-Christian friends or biased public school classrooms?
McFarland says there is only one place to look for truth—through the Bible and Jesus Christ. This year, the Truth for a New Generation (TNG) ministry will present several apologetics conferences aimed to help students, parents, youth pastors and community members lift up this young generation, pray for them and empower them to stand strong in their faith.
McFarland, who speaks to thousands of young people each year, is the author of 18 books with another on the way and the creator of Truth for a New Generation Ministries. TNG events are planned this year for a variety of cities across the country.
“Traveling to several different cities each month, I meet thousands of young people, and their challenges are sometimes heart-breaking,” McFarland said. “Their struggles are very real, and oftentimes they don’t know where to turn. The world is pulling at them from all directions, yet we know there is only one direction—the path that leads to Jesus Christ and His plan for their lives. But all the news is not depressing. This generation is caring, they respect life and they are intentional about their futures. Through Truth for a New Generation Ministries, we want to point them to the future God has laid out for them.”
Several key events are on the 2019 TNG calendar, beginning with the spring fundraising banquet with special guest Todd Starnes, best-selling author, Fox News commentator and national radio host. Set for the evening of March 21, 2019, at the Proximity Hotel in Greensboro, North Carolina. Attendees will enjoy dinner, hear a challenging message and student testimonies, and discover how they can help today’s younger generation live unashamed for Christ. Learn more and register for the banquet here.
Other Truth for a New Generation events are planned for the following locations:
- Fayetteville/Raeford, North Carolina | May 3-5 at RockFish Church: Foremost apologist Josh McDowell will join McFarland for this event geared toward military families. Admission will be non-perishable food items to be donated to a local food bank. Plans are also in the works to host an event at Fort Bragg Military Base.
- Hertford, North Carolina | Truth for a New Generation Summer Apologetics Camp | July 29-Aug. 2 at Camp Cale: McFarland will be joined by American Family Association’s Meeke Addison, Student & Ministry Teams Pastor Andy Lawrenson, and speaker and author of “My Affliction for His Glory” Daniel Ritchie. Learn more here.
- Richmond, Virginia | Oct. 11-12
- Salt Lake City, Utah | Oct. 25-27
- Columbus, Ohio | Nov. 15-16 at Reynoldsburg United Methodist Church
This year, McFarland also has a leadership role for the National Day of Prayer on May 2. As the National Student Movement Director, he will work to mobilize students in every state to commit to unifying in prayer with their peers.
Truth for a New Generation exists to equip Christians with a biblical worldview through conferences and camps that feature some of the world’s leading apologists, Christian writers and evangelists who have spoken at some of the nation’s top award-winning conferences.
View the media page for Alex McFarland here. For more information on Dr. Alex McFarland, visit www.AlexMcFarland.com or follow him on Facebook or on Twitter @AlexMcFarland. For more on the Truth for a New Generation Conferences, visit www.TruthForANewGeneration.com, or follow TNG on Twitter @TruthforaNewGen or Facebook.