AFA: ‘Joseph Parker Has Proven Himself a Steady, Prayerful, Righteous Man of God as He Contends for the Lives of Pre-Born Babies’
January 26, 2021
TUPELO, Miss. — “‘A Pastor’s Notes: God Calls the Church to Stand Boldly for Life’ is a timely and timeless collection of life affirming articles that will stir pastors to seek and find the courage to lead congregations and communities to embrace the sanctity of life,” said evangelist Alveda King, director of Civil Rights for the Unborn. “It is a tool-kit must for the discerning servant leaders of today.”
“I don’t know another Christian leader or pastor more committed to ending abortion in our nation,” Tim Wildmon, president of the American Family Association (AFA, www.AFA.net) said. “For many years, Joseph Parker has proven himself a steady, prayerful, righteous man of God as he contends for the lives of pre-born babies.”
The volume is a collection of pro-life blogs by Joseph Parker, AFA director of intercession and outreach. In it, Parker challenges the church, especially its leaders, to demonstrate conviction and courage, to take a public stand to protect the lives of the unborn. AFA released the book this month, January, which is pro-life month.
Dr. Ray Rooney, AFA digital media editor, said “Fewer and fewer in number are those who are willing to stand firm about God’s revelation of Himself and His will as revealed in the Bible. Pastor Joseph Parker is one of those few. You will see both his righteous loathing of abortion as well as his ardent fervor for the sanctity of life.”
In addition to King, Wildmon and Rooney’s applause, many Christian leaders and pro-life advocates have read and affirmed Parker’s assessment. This book is an invaluable tool for pastors and churches to gather insights into biblical truths, the sanctity of life, and ways to engage the culture:
- Attorney Allan E. Parker Jr., president of the Justice Foundation, said, “This is a book of wisdom, wisdom born of pain – the pain of abortion and the study of the Word of God. You can find life, healing, joy, and vision in this book.”
- “‘A Pastor’s Notes’ is exceptionally well-written and challenges us as people of faith to stand for life,” said Rev. E. Charles Cotton, presiding elder, South MS Conference, AME Church.
- According to Joe Langfeld, executive director of Human Life Alliance, Parker “challenges faith leaders to share with their congregations the singular reality of human existence – how we’re all created in the image and likeness of God.”
- Mark Crutcher, president of Life Dynamics Incorporated, said, “This new book is a warning that, right now, the American church is whistling past its own graveyard. We had better listen.”
- Bishop Patrick Wooden, pastor of Upper Room COGIC of Raleigh, North Carolina, summarized the book: “Parker has written a book that reveals his character and courage. He speaks for the God of the Bible on the sanctity of human life. I pray that all will read this book. It is an indispensable part of every preacher’s library!”
Joseph Parker hosts “The Hour of Intercession” on American Family Radio. He and his wife Birdie lead The Festival for Life events and pastor Bethlehem AME Church in Winona, Mississippi. “A Pastor’s Notes: God Calls the Church to Stand Boldly for Life” is available at afastore.net.
For over 40 years, AFA has operated within the mission to inform, equip, and activate individuals to strengthen the moral foundations of American culture and give aid to the church here and abroad in its task of fulfilling the Great Commission. Visit AFA Action Alerts here.
AFA—founded in 1977—has long been on the front lines of America’s culture war. Today, AFA is one of the largest and most effective pro-family organizations in the country, with nearly one million online supporters and approximately 160,000 subscribers to the AFA Journal, the ministry’s monthly magazine. In addition, AFA owns and operates nearly 180 radio stations across the country under the American Family Radio banner.
To interview a representative of the American Family Association, contact Media@HamiltonStrategies.com, Jeff Tolson, 610.584.1096, ext. 108, or Deborah Hamilton, ext. 102.