The Tide® ministry Director Don Shenk: ‘In an area of such extreme persecution, radio may be the only way for people to learn about the saving love of Christ’
October 31, 2022
CHAMBERSBURG, Pa.— As the Taliban works to tighten its grip on Afghanistan, Christians are facing intensified persecuted in this predominately Muslim region. Due to the severe persecution, many Christians are attempting to join the sea of refugees escaping the war-torn country but are forced to remain in hiding due to restrictive Taliban persecution. A representative of the Taliban even went so far as to claim, “There are no Christians in Afghanistan. Christian minority has never been known or registered here.”
Despite the oppression, The Tide® (www.thetide.org) ministry, a global outreach that uses radio broadcasts to spread the Gospel in native languages all around the world, is heartened to know that its powerful radio show, “Window of Love,” is continuing to reach the lost in Afghanistan and the surrounding region.
“Even as the Taliban denies the very existence of Christians in Afghanistan, we are heartened to know that lives are being impacted by the Gospel message,” stated Don Shenk, director of The Tide® ministry. “In an area of such extreme persecution, radio may be the only way for people to learn about the saving love of Christ.
“We call on all Christians to ask God to protect these new believers and to open the door for fellow Christians to provide spiritual encouragement and support. We also pray that these new believers are able to stand strong in their faith and that their response will be a testimony that demonstrates the love of God to those who are persecuting them. We fervently hope that this persecution does not discourage others from responding to the Gospel messages we are broadcasting in this region.”
For more information about The Tide® ministry and the work taking place in Afghanistan and the surrounding regions, click here.
After over 75 years of Gospel radio broadcasting, The Tide® ministry and its partners will focus on the core foundationsof “The Tide Diamond Vision” for the next seven decades:
- Amplify – The Tide® ministry will increase ministry initiatives so that more people can experience God’s grace.
- Magnify – The Tide® ministry will work to grow its support base to an expanded demographic.
- Solidify – The Tide® ministry will develop and supply more resources to help new believers to grow in their faith and live in right relationship with God.
- Verify – The Tide® ministry will measure the effectiveness of its activities to both manage them well and to demonstrate the efficient stewardship of resources.
- Glorify – The Tide® ministry will strive to ensure that all it does to achieve its vision will bring glory to God.
For more information about The Tide® ministry broadcast projects, history, radio programs around the world, special year-long campaigns, the weekly Global Update radio features or other news, visit its website at www.thetide.org or its Facebook page.