Student-led event annually sees thousands come to Christ across the nation through powerful peer-to-peer interactions
September 26, 2022
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Momentum has been building for the exciting autumn event from Fellowship of Christian Athletes (FCA, www.fca.org).The organization recentlyannounced that its key peer-to-peer fall event, Fields of Faith, will take place this year on Wednesday, October 12, 2022 — and it’s an event thousands of coaches and student athletes alike have attended since it was first held in 2004.
Fields of Faith events are fully student-led. Inspired by their peers, young athletes together read God’s Word, pray, and share personal testimonies — deeply enriching their faith in the process. Congregating on their home athletic fields, thousands each year have experienced the spectacular impact of the Gospel, all thanks to the original vision for Fields of Faith that was set in motion with God’s help 20 years ago.
Jeff Martin, FCA’s Executive Vice President of Strategic Partnership, stated, “It has been amazing to see how Fields of Faith has helped create the opportunity for so many communities across the country — and around the world — to unite together on one night around one message that provides light in a dark world that desperately needs Jesus.”
Here are just a few of the testimonies about Fields of Faith that participants have shared over the years:
- “Powerful night at Fields of Faith! God is doing remarkable things through our students.”
- “I cannot express what a blessing is it to attend Fields of Faith. Seeing these kids gives me such hope. The testimonies and the speaker were so inspiring. And of course, the music was beautiful! Generation Z may be our answer to prayer!”
- “Went to Fields of Faith last night. Saw lots of people, and best of all, my best friend got saved!”
- “It’s time to spark a spiritual movement for God. Christianity needs a change in momentum — students who stand together against the pressures and temptations in our world, as a generation that is committed to reading the Bible and applying it to their lives. It’s time to Get in the Game and Get in the Book!”
- “This is one of the most amazing events in our community!! To see athletes and students come together at a place that otherwise wouldn’t hear the Word of the Lord is so inspiring and exciting. I am thankful for the way the Lord moved in the lives of these students tonight, and I pray that they would stand bold in their commitment to Him as they go back into their schools.”
“God continues to do incredible things at Fields of Faith,” said Kellen Cox, Executive Vice President of Ministry Advancement. “He’s raising up student leaders to impact their peers and share about the love of Jesus Christ across campuses throughout the world.”
FCA’s Fields of Faith understands that an athletic field offers a neutral rallying point for a community of faith believers. Here, on their own home turf and standing side by side, student athletes invite, pray for, share with, and challenge their peers to read the Bible and follow Jesus Christ.
To find a local Fields of Faith, visit www.fieldsoffaith.com/allfields for a list of events by state, as many more are added weekly.
FCA’s theme for 2022 is Every, based on Ephesians 1:3: “All praise to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly realms because we are united with Christ.” FCA reminds Christian coaches and athletes that they already have everything they need in Christ and encourages them to seek Him both on and off the field.
Read more about Fellowship of Christian Athletes here, visit FCA’s website at www.fca.org, its Facebook page at www.facebook.com/TheFCATeam or its Twitter feed https://twitter.com/TheFCATeam.