Is President Trump Achieving the Goals He Promised Americans?
Stephen E. Strang’s New Book, ‘God and Donald Trump,’ Recounts How Trump’s Ideals on the Campaign Trail Resonated with Voters
ORLANDO, Fla.—When Donald Trump first stormed onto the campaign scene, he certainly made a lot of noise, with his big personality, sometimes-brash behavior and internet-rousing Twitter posts.
But then, once Trump began talking clearly and passionately about the conservative agenda to which he was committed, people began to pay attention.
Through insightful interviews and firsthand accounts, Stephen E. Strang’s soon-to-be-released book, “God and Donald Trump,” gives an inside look to the road to the White House for the nation’s 45th president.
“Looking past the headlines he made from his tweets,” Strang said, “many began to ask, ‘How could Donald Trump hope to wage a successful campaign against his adversaries?’ ‘How could he possibly succeed in what is clearly a spiritual battle of supernatural proportions?’ And more to the point, ‘What does this president actually believe?’
“At least a partial answer to that final question can be found in the planks of the 2016 Republican Party platform, which Donald Trump would affirm and approve,” Strang continued. “The platform committee of the Republican Party met from July 18-21, 2016, in Cleveland, Ohio, to hash out the major issues of the upcoming campaign. Attempting to address the concerns of all 2,742 delegates would not be easy, but there was a broad sense of unity among them on what the delegation and their candidate believed. That draft took a strong traditionalist view of the family, child rearing and human sexuality, referred to pornography as ‘a public menace,’ called for a strong military and demanded more accountability in the Veterans Administration, among other things. As the media was quick to announce, this platform was much more conservative than those of either the John McCain or Mitt Romney campaigns—as if there was something wrong with that.”
The basic principles supported by Donald Trump and the party platform, Strang added, can be summed up in a few bullet points:
- Reduce government spending but take steps to protect Social Security and Medicare.
- Use the reach and influence of government to help create a strong business climate.
- Repeal Obamacare and develop a more practical and affordable alternative.
- Appoint conservative jurists to the Supreme Court who will defend the Constitution.
- Defund Planned Parenthood and work to repeal Roe v. Wade.
- Grow the economy and bring outsourced jobs and American overseas businesses back home.
- Cut or substantially reduce funding for the global warming disaster.
- Gun ownership is a constitutional right, so government must protect gun rights, but some assault weapons may require special consideration, such as a waiting period prior to purchase.
- On immigration, deport undocumented individuals and criminal aliens.
- Increase the size and authority of the Border Patrol, Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) and Homeland Security.
- Place a freeze on green cards and certain kinds of visas.
- Ban immigrants from certain Muslim-majority countries.
- Build a wall along America’s southern border and make Mexico pay for it.
- Undo President Obama’s nuclear deal with Iran and increase sanctions on terror-sponsoring regimes.
“Looking at this list of extremely important and urgent needs for America,” Strang said, “President Trump is holding steadfast to his commitments, and these goals are being realized. How many presidents in modern history have taken as many measured and successful steps toward their campaign promises and their party’s agenda?”
In “God and Donald Trump,” Strang reveals the strategies, behind-the-scenes activity and profound voices that helped shape the dramatic events of the election and presidency thus far, as well as shares background into Trump’s life that helps give insight to the man—and president—he is today. Set for release on Nov. 7, almost a year to the day from the presidential election—“God and Donald Trump” also takes an incisive look at the factors that drove the largest number of conservative and evangelical voters ever recorded to the polls.
A new website and video for “God and Donald Trump” has been unveiled at www.GodandDonaldTrump.com; view the video here. Visitors to the site can also download a free chapter and pre-order the book.
With a foreword from presidential hopeful and former Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee, many are giving early praise for “God and Donald Trump,” including Gordon Robertson, CEO of The Christian Broadcasting Network, who said, “If you woke up the day after the 2016 election wondering ‘What just happened?’ then this is the book for you. Stephen Strang gives you the inside facts of how an unlikely candidate appealed to an unlikely group of voters to win the presidency. More importantly this book will energize your prayers for America because you will know that prayer changes the course of nations.”
Stephen E. Strang is an award-winning journalist and successful businessman who began his career as a newspaper reporter at the Orlando Sentinel before founding a Christian publishing house and media company while interviewing and writing about nearly every Christian leader in the country over the past four decades.
“God and Donald Trump” is published by Frontline, an imprint of Charisma House, which has published books that challenge, encourage, teach and equip Christians, including 13 New York Times bestsellers.