‘California’s Latest Thanksgiving Guidelines Blatantly Disregard Our Civil and Religious Liberties’
November 23, 2020
DAYTON, OHIO — Thanksgiving and the possibility of future seasonal holiday celebrations have come under attack recently in California and all across the United States. According to The California Department of Public Health’s “Guidance for Private Gatherings” there are now difficult restrictions being imposed on California residents looking to give thanks with their families. Included among the list of restrictions:
- “All gatherings must be held outside.”
- “Gatherings that include more than three households are prohibited.”
- “As much as possible, any food or beverages at outdoor gatherings must be in single-serve disposable containers. If providing single-serve containers is not possible, food and beverages must be served by a person who washes or sanitizes their hands frequently, and wears a face covering.”
- “Attendees may go inside to use restrooms as long as the restrooms are frequently sanitized.”
- “Gatherings should be two hours or less.”
- “The host should collect names of all attendees and contact information in case contact tracing is needed later.”
Says Kimberly Fletcher, mother of eight and founder and president of Moms for America® (www.MomsforAmerica.us), “These restrictions are completely outrageous. No more than three households? So this means that it is illegal if Grandma, Aunt Jane and Cousin Mary gather together at one other family members’ home for Thanksgiving – all because they are from different households? This is not right!
“This is a blatant disregard for religious and civil liberties, with an agenda of fear,” Fletcher continued. “It is absurd for the state of California to impose ridiculous restrictions that are spreading dread, anxiety and trepidation rather than wellbeing and security at a time when Americans need to be with their families the most.”
Moms for America unites moms across the country to reclaim our culture for truth, family, freedom and the Constitution of the United States that protects Americans’ divine inherent rights as women, as mothers, as people.
Through the MomVote initiative, Moms for America Action has worked with communities across the country to encourage women to make their voices heard, and moms registered to vote in record numbers. With this strong network of mothers, women of faith, and leaders in their local communities, Moms for America will continue to share the story of America and the virtues we can teach our children.
Moms for America is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) education corporation dedicated to promoting a foundation of liberty through the mothers of America in their homes, within their communities, and with their vote.
To interview Kimberly Fletcher, founder and president of Moms for America, contact Media@HamiltonStrategies.com, Jeff Tolson, 610.584.1096, ext. 108, or Deborah Hamilton, ext. 102.