National Association of Christian Financial Consultants Calls on Professionals to Honor God and Reinvigorate Their Practices at July Conference
‘BRIghten Your Practice’ Conference Takes Place July 17-20 in Charlotte and Brings Growth Tools to Christian Financial Field
ORLANDO, Fla.—Leaders in the faith-based financial field with well over a century of experience will headline the upcoming annual conference from the National Association of Christian Financial Consultants (NACFC, www.nacfc.org), set for July 17-20 in Charlotte, North Carolina.
With the 2019 theme of “BRIghten Your Practice,” the four-day event will equip planners and consultants to learn more about and be fully committed to Biblically Responsible Investing (BRI), as well as help their clients honor God with their resources.
NACFC president and co-founder Mark Minnella said growth for biblically based financial planning is crucial, as more and more Christians become aware of the impact their God-given resources make in our culture.
“Therefore,” he said, “it is vitally important that financial consultants are equipped and passionate about Biblically Responsible Investing and are motivated to serve their clients to help them honor the Lord in every aspect of their lives.”
Minnella designed the first faith-based professional designation program, Christian Financial Consultant and Advisor, in the industry. He served on the board of directors for Timothy Plan, the first mutual funds family to screen for biblical values. Minnella’s extensive background as a leader in the faith-based investment movement brings valuable guidance and discernment to the portfolio management offered through Integrity Investors, LLC, which he also founded and leads. As host of the “More than Money” radio show, he has been the voice of Biblically Responsible Investing on Christian radio for over 15 years. Minnella is also the author of “The Wall Street Awakening.”
Along with Minnella, speakers at the conference include:
- Art Ally—the pioneer of Biblically Responsible Investing. Celebrating its 25th anniversary this year and with over $1 billion in assets under management, Timothy Plan maintains that God is the true “Chairman of the Board.”
- Dan Marcone—an ordained pastor and licensed mental health counselor. Marcone has master’s degrees in mental health counseling and biblical studies from Reformed Theological Seminary and is a former director under Larry Burkett for Christian Financial Consultants, as well as a member of the merger team with Howard Dayton’s Crown Financial.
- Harry Nelson—a graduate of The Citadel and former president of Guidestone Capital Management, LLC. Following Christ’s lead, Nelson joined Eventide Funds in 2017 and serves as director of distribution.
- Mick Owens—founder and president of Creative Financial Design (CFD) and its associated properties. CFD is a full-service broker/dealer and RIA, and also offers real estate services, estate planning services and other avenues of fulfilling its mission to serve as Christ would have us serve. Owens, with 50 years in financial services, published his first book, “The Diamond of Life,” in 2017.
- Glenn Repple—founder and president of GA Repple & Company, a full-service, Christian broker/dealer and RIA. With nearly 50 years of service in the securities industry, Repple serves on numerous boards and is a published author, podcast host and motivational speaker.
- Walt Wiley—former Walk Thru the Bible seminar instructor, chaplain of the Atlanta Braves and founder/president of Winning with Encouragement Ministries. Wiley speaks and teaches regularly in various settings. His style is motivational, inspirational, biblical, practical and peppered with humor.
The NACFC conference, hosted by the Renaissance Charlotte Suites Hotel, will provide participants with the education, tools and marketing opportunities to light up their practices and help grow their businesses through live broadcasts, sessions to renew the spirit, new programs about Insurance Stewardship, continuing education through the Christian Financial Consultant and Advisor (CFCA) University and methods for attendees to create professional videos and radio programs.
An excursion to the Billy Graham Library is also planned for Thursday, July 18, at noon. For more information on the conference, including breakout sessions, registration, lodging and a downloadable schedule, visit nacfc.org/annual-conference-2019.
The mission of the National Association of Christian Financial Consultants is to teach, train and encourage financial professionals to learn, share and instruct biblical stewardship to individuals and families believing that “it profits a man nothing to gain the whole world and lose his soul” (Matthew 16:26). Members will glorify God by impacting their world for Jesus Christ through teaching and practicing biblical stewardship.
For more information on NACFC, visit nacfc.org. View the media page for NACFC here.