Samaritan Ministries Offers Blog Posts That Increase Understanding and Awareness of Abortion
Samaritan Members Know They Will Never Be Asked to Send Financial Shares for Abortions
January 7, 2020
PEORIA, Ill.—Pro-life advocates estimate that about 60 million unborn babies have been aborted since Roe v. Wade, the January 1973 landmark Supreme Court decision that legalized abortion in America.
For all of its 25 years of ministry, Samaritan Ministries International (samaritanministries.org), one of the leading health care sharing ministries in America, has enabled its hundreds of thousands of members to honor God through their health care, which also means Samaritan members do not dishonor God by funding abortion or other unbiblical practices. Samaritan members know they have not been—nor will they ever be—assigned to send financial shares to help pay for abortions.
During Sanctity of Human Life Month in January, Samaritan Ministries is offering its 82,000-plus member households (nearly 271,000 individuals) several resources to help them better understand the important issue of abortion and to raise awareness among family, friends and acquaintances.
Several Samaritan blog posts addressing the topic include the following:
- Samaritan member Stephen Wagner: Insights on how to create common ground for a dialogue on abortion and 25 questions to create common ground on abortion
- Samaritan member Susanne Maynes: Why culture clashes with God over the sacredness of human life
- Samaritan member Dr. David Sylvester: Thirteen kids … and one more!
- Samaritan Membership Development staffer Dustin Garrett: Girlfriend’s abortion led to spiral of destruction, but God’s grace prevails; watch Garrett’s interview and story on CBN’s “The 700 Club”
- Blog posts: Samaritan member Meagan Weber helps abortion workers leave the industry and Showing grace helps to attract unwed moms, abortion industry workers
“Samaritan Ministries staff and members love to affirm life and support growing families,” said Anthony Hopp, Samaritan’s vice president of external relations. “And the Word of God forms the basis for all we do. First, Psalm 139:13 says, ‘For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother’s womb’ (ESV). We believe those words whole-heartedly. And second, our ministry is built upon Galatians 6:2: ‘Bear one another’s burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.’
“Millions of Americans can’t control where their insurance dollars go and don’t have a say if they are indirectly funding ungodly practices like abortion,” Hopp added. “But Samaritan members can be confident they will not be asked to send any of their monthly shares to help pay for anything that dishonors God.”
Each month, Samaritan members pray and send their financial shares directly to other members, along with notes and cards of encouragement, through this effective, God-honoring ministry. Samaritan’s growing Biblical community shares approximately $30 million in medical needs person-to-person each month. In fact, over the past 25 years, Samaritan Ministries members shared $1.8 billion in needs.
To interview a representative from Samaritan Ministries International, contact Media@HamiltonStrategies.com, Patrick Benner, 610.584.1096, ext. 104, or Deborah Hamilton, ext. 102.