Fellowship of Christian Athletes’ Key Peer-to-Peer Fall Event Showed Huge Turnout
October 25, 2021
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Coaches and athletes alike waited in eager anticipation this year for the return of Fellowship of Christian Athletes’ (FCA, www.fca.org) annual Fields of Faithevent, which thousands of coaches and student athletes alike have attended since it was first held in 2004. This year, Fields of Faith took place on October 13, and the nationwide enthusiasm for this event produced tens of thousands of participants flooding stadiums all across the country.
Fully student-led and inspired by their peers, Fields of Faith provides an opportunity for young athletes to get together to read God’s Word, pray, and share personal testimonies—deeply enriching their faith in the process. Congregating on their home athletic fields, thousands each year have experienced the spectacular impact of the Gospel, all thanks to the original vision for Fields of Faith that was set in motion with God’s help nearly 20 years ago.
Says Shane Williamson, FCA’s president and CEO, “Like all of our FCA events, Fields of Faith helps coaches and athletes experience God’s saving grace and gain the knowledge that lives can be transformed through Jesus. We pray that these amazing experiences for God’s glory will continue for years to come.”
Jeff Martin, FCA’s Executive Director of Campus Sport Ministry, adds, “In 2004, more than 6,000 students gathered on school athletic fields throughout Oklahoma, Texas, and Kansas for our first Fields of Faith event. That year, over 100 students made decisions for Christ. Since then, hundreds of thousands of people have attended Fields of Faith events—with thousands accepting Christ into their lives. God leads us to deepen our relationship with Him, talk to Him daily, and get into His Word on a regular basis.”
Attendees flocked to social media after the October 13 event to share their testimonies:
- “This program moved mountains in my life tonight!”
- “Seeing everyone gathered in a circle praying for the students and teachers in their schools and the community and pastors was such a powerful moment.”
- “Thankful we all got to speak tonight. Fields of Faith is such a blessing and it was definitely an awesome night!”
- “Most nights, sports are glorified in these arenas. Last night, God’s name was glorified at Fields of Faith! Shoutout to the courageous athletes who shared their faith testimonies and encouraged their peers to get into God’s Playbook—the Bible.”
- “Went to Fields of Faith last night. Saw lots of people, and best of all, my best friend got saved!”
- “It’s time to spark a spiritual movement for God. Christianity needs a change in momentum—students who stand together against the pressures and temptations in our world, as a generation that is committed to reading the Bible and applying it to their lives. It’s time to Get in the Game and Get in the Book!”
FCA’s Fields of Faith understands that an athletic field offers a neutral rallying point for a community of faith believers. Here, on their own home turf and standing side by side, student athletes invite, pray for, share with, and challenge their peers to read the Bible and follow Jesus Christ.
FCA’s theme for 2021 is Pursue, based on 1 Timothy 6:11: “Pursue righteousness and a godly life, along with faith, love, perseverance, and gentleness.” FCA encourages its members to pursue God’s use of His Word as an anchor, grounding Christians as they look to His Kingdom.
Since 1956, the impact on coaches and athletes has been the main focus of FCA Camps, with each Camp offering fun, outstanding sports training, inspiring speakers, strong friendships, and lasting change. View the FCA Camps video here and browse camps by location, sport or date at www.fcacamps.org, as some camps still continue in September.
To interview a Fellowship of Christian Athletes representative, contact Media@HamiltonStrategies.com, Jeff Tolson, 610.584.1096, ext. 108, or Deborah Hamilton, ext. 102.