The Russian invasion causing influx of refugees as people flee for safety
May 16, 2022
CHAMBERSBURG, Pa.—Amidst the Ukrainian crisis in Europe, The Tide® (www.TheTide.org) continues its mission in Albania and Kosovo and across the world, working to share the love of Christ with as many hearts as possible through Gospel radio programming. Each program is produced and recorded individually in over 20 local languages on three different continents.
After the Russian invasion on Ukraine on February 24, 2022, women and children have been fleeing for their lives as all Ukrainian men between the ages of 18-60 were called to stay behind and possibly fight. Since then, surrounding countries have been accepting refugees and providing care as they await what the future may hold for them and their country.
The Tide® ministry calls Christians to join in prayer, as Albania and Kosovo are experiencing an influx of Ukrainian refugees. In the hands of God, the refugee crisis can be used for good as pastors in the area are able to reach Ukrainians that are now living in both countries. Even during the refugee crisis, The Tide® ministry has been able to continue its outreach as they provide care to the displaced communities, as well as give aid to the Ukrainian refugees pouring across the borders.
The Tide® ministry Director Don Shenk commented on the crisis, stating, “It is encouraging that despite the current events of the world, the gospel is still being preached and people are experiencing Jesus through the love of the local pastors serving the community. It is a reminder to the locals that they are important to us, but more important to our heavenly Father.”
The Tide® ministry is currently celebrating its 75th year of global mission, all while looking forward to the next seven decades with their plan called “The Tide® Diamond Vision:”
- Amplify – The Tide ministry will increase ministry initiatives so that more people can experience God’s grace.
- Magnify – The Tide ministry will work to grow its support base to an expanded demographic.
- Solidify – The Tide ministry will develop and supply more resources to help new believers to grow in their faith and live in right relationship with God.
- Verify – The Tide ministry will measure the effectiveness of its activities to both manage them well and to demonstrate the efficient stewardship of resources.
- Glorify – The Tide ministry will strive to ensure that all it does to achieve its vision will bring glory to God.
For more information about The Tide broadcast projects, history, radio programs around the world, special year-long campaigns, the weekly Global Update radio features or other news, visit its website at www.thetide.org or its Facebook page.
In addition, The Tide ministry is actively looking for people godly and manly enough to take up the 2022 “Year Beard” challenge. Visit www.YearBeard.org for background and to meet some of the participants who are growing out their facial hair to raise awareness and financial support to help The Tide ministry reach an additional 1 million people with the name of Jesus next year.