Fundraiser event aims to provide more literacy classes in India
February 22, 2022
CHAMBERSBURG, Pa.— As The Tide® (www.thetide.org) ministry celebrates 75 years of global outreach, they are continuing to look for innovative ways to reach the lost around the world. Even though they already share the Gospel in 39 countries on three different continents, there are still more who need to hear the Good News.
In an effort to reach even more people with the Gospel, The Tide® ministry is hosting their “Your Soles, Their Souls” shoe drive. The goal is to gather 2,500 pairs of new or gently worn shoes by the end of the month and The Tide® ministry has already received over 700 pairs! The shoes collected will benefit micro businesses in developing countries around the world, and the funds raised from this campaign will benefit Gospel outreach through literacy classes in India.
“Even as we celebrate 75 years of ministry this year, we are always looking for ways to keep spreading the Gospel for the next 75 years to come,” stated Don Shenk, director of The Tide® ministry. “The ‘Your Soles, Their Souls’ campaign is a great way to bring awareness to what we have been doing around the world, as well as provide funding for additional literacy classes in India.”
While the campaign is ongoing throughout the month, The Tide® ministry is hosting a drive-through drop off event on February 26 from 10:00am-2:00pm ET at i360 Property Management, 1035 Wayne Ave, Chambersburg, Pennsylvania 17201. For more information, click here.
Looking ahead to the next 75 years, The Tide® ministry and its partners will focus on the core foundationsof
“The Tide Diamond Vision”:
- Amplify – The Tide ministry will increase ministry initiatives so that more people can experience God’s grace.
- Magnify – The Tide ministry will work to grow its support base to an expanded demographic.
- Solidify – The Tide ministry will develop and supply more resources to help new believers to grow in their faith and live in right relationship with God.
- Verify – The Tide ministry will measure the effectiveness of its activities to both manage them well and to demonstrate the efficient stewardship of resources.
- Glorify – The Tide ministry will strive to ensure that all it does to achieve its vision will bring glory to God.
For more information about The Tide broadcast projects, history, radio programs around the world, special year-long campaigns, the weekly Global Update radio features or other news, visit its website at www.thetide.org or its Facebook page. Read more about The Tide ministry and Director Don Shenk here.
In addition, The Tide ministry is always actively looking for people godly and manly enough to take up the 2021-2022 “Year Beard” challenge. Visit www.YearBeard.org for background and to meet some of the participants who are growing out their facial hair to raise awareness and financial support to help The Tide ministry reach an additional 1 million people with the name of Jesus next year.