This June, the Gospel is coming to the Pashtun people in their own language
June 13, 2022
CHAMBERSBURG, Pa.—The Tide® (www.TheTide.org) continues its mission in Afghanistan, India, and the surrounding countries, working to share the love of Christ with as many hearts as possible through Gospel radio programming. Using local languages they refer to as ‘heart languages,’ The Tide® ministry has used the Dari language radio broadcast to reach tens of thousands of people in the area. Now, The Tide® ministry is proud to announce that their local radio broadcast “Window of Love,” will also be available in the Pashto language starting this month, June 2022.
Using TransWorld Radio (TWR) transmitters, the program has the potential to reach over 9 million listeners in Afghanistan alone, not to mention the Pashtun people in neighboring countries. The Pashtun people are considered to be without the ability to hear the Gospel from their own community.
With the radio program set to launch so soon, The Tide® ministry Director Don Shenkreflected on the ministry’s ability to reach those who have yet to hear the gospel, saying, “Evangelically, the Pashtun people are considered a Frontier Unreached People Group which means that less than 1% are Christians and essentially have no chance of hearing the Gospel from people within their own community. This is why radio is an important tool to carry the Gospel into these remote communities.”
The Tide® ministry is currently celebrating its 75th year of global mission, all while looking forward to the next seven decades with their plan called “The Tide® Diamond Vision:”
- Amplify – The Tide ministry will increase ministry initiatives so that more people can experience God’s grace.
- Magnify – The Tide ministry will work to grow its support base to an expanded demographic.
- Solidify – The Tide ministry will develop and supply more resources to help new believers to grow in their faith and live in right relationship with God.
- Verify – The Tide ministry will measure the effectiveness of its activities to both manage them well and to demonstrate the efficient stewardship of resources.
- Glorify – The Tide ministry will strive to ensure that all it does to achieve its vision will bring glory to God.
For more information about The Tide broadcast projects, history, radio programs around the world, special year-long campaigns, the weekly Global Update radio features or other news, visit its website at www.thetide.org or its Facebook page.
In addition, The Tide ministry is actively looking for people godly and manly enough to take up the 2022 “Year Beard” challenge. Visit www.YearBeard.org for background and to meet some of the participants who are growing out their facial hair to raise awareness and financial support to help The Tide ministry reach an additional 1 million people with the name of Jesus next year.