Open Enrollment 2018: November 1 — December 15
This Open Enrollment Period, Some May Choose to Join the Ranks of the ‘Happily Uninsured’
Samaritan Ministries Members Love this God-Honoring, Affordable, Effective, Direct-Sharing Approach to Health Care
PEORIA, Ill.—Not having health insurance may sound risky or even frightening to some, but the hundreds of thousands of members of Samaritan Ministries International (samaritanministries.org), one of the leading health care sharing ministries in the country, are “happily uninsured.”
With the Affordable Care Act open enrollment period beginning Nov. 1, Samaritan members and staff are praying that more fellow believers will consider this health care sharing ministry as a God-honoring, affordable, effective approach to health care.
“Nearly 80,000 member families (260,000-plus individuals) have discovered health care sharing through Samaritan Ministries,” said Samaritan Ministries Vice President of External Relations Anthony Hopp. “This growing Biblical community shares approximately $27 million each month in medical needs—person to person. This direct-sharing approach enables members to not only help fellow members with their medical financial needs, but also to connect monthly with prayer, personal notes and cards of encouragement. It’s a special, God-glorifying and blessing-filled process, and we pray more will consider health care sharing for their families this year.”
Samaritan Ministries has created several videos of “happily uninsured” members who say they would never go back to health insurance because they love honoring God in their health care and having an affordable option for their families—all while lifting up and supporting their brothers and sisters in Christ.
- Kathryn: “It was a big leap because we had been on insurance. When we had our first need (with Samaritan), it was incredible. We started receiving notes and people are praying for you. I went through a miscarriage, and the amount of support and prayer we got through that was incredible. The body of Christ is all over, and they are reaching out, and they have no clue who we are, but they genuinely care about us.”
- Eric: “I looked at Samaritan Ministries and thought, ‘This is really cool.’ The amount of sharing … and all the handwritten notes that you get, you know they took time. That somebody would put a scripture verse right there at that moment is the perfect thing. You see this thing that God has put in your life, and at times it can be nearly overwhelming, but then you get these letters and these shares and it’s just amazing.”
- Carson: “I would never want to support any organization that is contrary to my faith, because I don’t want to support things I don’t believe in. It was natural for us to look at Samaritan. There’s too many broken pieces in the system of health care currently. Samaritan Ministries allows us to control our own destiny, so to speak, in regards to taking care of our family.”
- Clint and Lisa: “Every time I would tell my story to people at church, they (said), ‘Have you tried Samaritan Ministries?’ The more I read about it, the more I realized this is what we should be doing.”
- Elizabeth: “Samaritan Ministries was just the perfect fit for my faith and my career.”
Open enrollment begins Nov. 1 and continues through Dec. 15 for government health coverage that can start as early as Jan. 1, 2019. During this research and enrollment period, many may find the process to be very difficult and frustrating, and some may not realize that becoming part of a biblical health care sharing ministry can bring fulfillment and blessings to both the sender and receiver, as Samaritan has shown for nearly 25 years. Plus, the monthly share has never exceeded $495 for a family of any size and is even less for two-person and single-person households.
Samaritan Ministries offers two membership levels, Samaritan Classic and Samaritan Basic. Samaritan Basic has a lower monthly share coupled with a higher initial unshared amount than Samaritan Classic. This gives both present and future members two options for choosing what they believe is best for their families—and their budgets. Monthly shares for Samaritan Basic start as low as $100 for one person, $200 for two people and $250 for a family of any size, depending on age. Some guidelines differ between Samaritan Basic and Samaritan Classic; contact Samaritan Ministries for details or visit this link.