Open Enrollment 2018: November 1 — December 15
Thousands of Christians are Moving to Biblical, Affordable Freedom in Their Health Care
As ACA Open Enrollment Begins, Samaritan Ministries Continues to Enable Christians to Honor God and Practice Wise Stewardship with Their Health Care
PEORIA, Ill.—Many of the nation’s Christians would like to have Biblically based health care that allows them to choose their own doctors and still be affordable.
This is according to the more than a quarter of a million members of Samaritan Ministries International (samaritanministries.org), one of the leading health care sharing ministries in the country for nearly 25 years.
“As we approach 25 years of connecting Christians in this biblical, affordable, direct-sharing health care ministry, we never want to stop understanding how Christians think about health care, how they make their decisions and what is important to them,” said Anthony Hopp, Samaritan Ministries’ vice president of external relations. “We are encouraged that feedback from our members, month after month, confirms that the practices of our health care sharing ministry are also important to our brothers and sisters in Christ. Ultimately, we want to continue serving Christian families, bringing them into a biblical community who share in each other’s medical financial needs while also praying for each other and sending notes of encouragement.”
Many comments from Samaritan Ministries members reinforce that a biblical health care sharing ministry that is affordable and gives members freedom to choose their own doctors is what many Christians are looking for in their health care:
- “With the recent changes in our health care system, our family was suddenly priced out of anything affordable to protect us from the unexpected. Unaware such an organization existed, we were mightily blessed by our Father to find Samaritan Ministries as a Biblical alternative for medical care. When we had to rely on our membership family for that help, the financial resources were supplied and, more importantly, people from around the country were praying for (us).”—Doug and Janine, Michigan
- “Health insurance has been turned into a total mess and is so expensive because it covers things that should be an individual responsibility. I love being part of a system that enables and empowers the members to take care of themselves for small things, but also provides an opportunity to give.”—Simeon, Nebraska
- “God has used this ministry of God’s people to meet my medical needs and encourage me while I walk through a serious illness. It is also a huge blessing to be able to give each month to support another family’s need.”—Karen, North Carolina
- “Thank you for all that you do to help Christians bypass the insurance system and create a fresh yet Biblical process for meeting the needs of one another and linking the financial side of things to the specific needs of the Body of Christ. We are a part of something truly great!”—Samuel and Anna, Tennessee
- “I like that we can choose superior health care and pay (less); we are getting more for less.”—Matt, Texas
- “It is a privilege to be a part and be able to pray for the people we are assigned each month. There are many things (we) appreciate about (Samaritan), but one in particular is that we get to choose our doctors. (We are) always in search of doctors or any health care practitioner who is diligent to treat the root cause, not just temporarily treat a symptom. So thank you for giving us the option of using those doctors.”—Thomas and Lynn, California
- “I can’t imagine going back to health insurance after experiencing God’s provision through Samaritan.”—Angela, Tennessee
The open enrollment period for the Affordable Care Act begins this week on Nov. 1 and continues through Dec. 15. During this research and enrollment period laden with government procedure, many may find the process to be difficult and frustrating, and some may not realize that becoming part of a biblical health care sharing ministry can be a simple way to bring fulfillment and blessings to both the sender and receiver, as Samaritan has shown for nearly 25 years. Plus, the monthly share has never exceeded $495 for a family of any size and is even less for two-person and single-person households.
Samaritan Ministries offers two membership levels, Samaritan Classic and Samaritan Basic. Samaritan Basic has a lower monthly share coupled with a higher initial unshared amount than Samaritan Classic. Monthly shares for Samaritan Basic start as low as $100 for one person, $200 for two people and $250 for a family of any size, depending on age. Some guidelines differ between Samaritan Basic and Samaritan Classic; contact Samaritan Ministries for details or visit this link.