Training Leaders For God’s Harvest
West Coast Baptist College Trains Hundreds in the Great Truths of the Bible, Equipping This Generation to Reach Multitudes with the Gospel; $1,000 Discount for New Students Available Through Today
LOS ANGELES—The timing is right for ministry leaders who want to increase their impact and better serve the people God has called them to lead, thanks to the affordable and flexible online or on-campus master’s degree program from West Coast Baptist College.
The Master of Religious Education degree at West Coast Baptist College, an integrated auxiliary organization of Lancaster Baptist Church, empowers students and ministry leaders to become more effective in their calling. The graduate program is an affordable way students can invest in themselves and prepare for the exponential personal and ministry growth that God has for their future.
Through today—Jan. 29—new students who enroll in the 33-credit hour master’s program will receive a $1,000 discount.
“Throughout its existence, Lancaster Baptist Church has been committed to the biblical principle found in 2 Timothy 2:2, where the Bible says, ‘And the things that thou hast heard of me amongst many witnesses, the same commit thou to faithful men, who shall be able to teach others also,’” said West Coast Baptist College President and Lancaster Baptist Church Senior Pastor Dr. Paul Chappell. “From the very early days, that was the passion of my heart—to train others in the Word of God, in soul-winning, in evangelism and the work of the local New Testament Church.
“Whether it’s through our Christian school or the campus ministry through West Coast Baptist College, where hundreds of people are trained every day in the great truths of the Bible, our desire is to equip this generation to reach the multitudes with the gospel,” Chappell added. “We are so invested in this mission, our continued goal is to make education as affordable as possible so students can go out and truly change the world.”
West Coast Baptist College’s Master of Religious Education degree offers three concentrations, in Bible, education or music:
- Bible—Students can conduct advanced research, learn how to love the Word of God on a deeper level than ever before, experience the depth of its history and truths, and learn how to apply them in practical ministry.
- Education—In the education concentration, instructors will learn the various styles of learning and teaching and how to apply them in their classrooms in relevant ways, which will help shape the future by teaching the next generation how to live for Christ.
- Music—Music is a tool that can be used in a variety of ways. In this concentration, students will learn how it can emotionally guide and promote spiritual concepts as well as master its use effectively in church environments to honor and glorify Christ.
The high-quality master’s program is also geared toward busy professionals, with classes meeting weekly, whether online or on campus.
Several West Coast Baptist College graduates have shared their positive feedback:
- “I am thankful for the ministry of WCBC and the influence on my life. I am especially thankful for the strong Bible-based master’s degree I received from there while still maintaining my ministry. I was challenged by the depth of the classes as well as stretched to grow more. Without a doubt, I am better prepared to serve Christ because of this Master’s Program.”—Kurt Kopeland, Master of Religious Education, Bible Concentration
- “The master’s program at WCBC is the most practical educational opportunity that I’ve experienced. What I learned in class in the morning I was able to put into practice in our school in the afternoon. It strengthened my mind and my ministry.”—Brandon Ewing, Master of Religious Education, Education Concentration
- “The music master’s program was very helpful to me as someone in full-time ministry wanting to sharpen and develop skills. Dr. Russ Shelley is an exceptional teacher who has a unique way of tailoring his teaching to meet your specific needs and goals. I’m thankful for the time that I spent in this program.”—Jon Guy, Master of Religious Education, Music Concentration
Whether residential or online, students are enrolled in the same classes with the same instructors, covering the same material. The West Coast Baptist College online master’s degree program is not just pre-recorded lectures; the program mimics the full classroom experience. Those interested in the West Coast Baptist College master’s program can learn more here or request further information here. Through Jan. 29, WCBC is offering a $1,000 discount to new students. The registration deadline is Jan. 29, and the first seven-week session of 2018 begins Jan. 31.
West Coast Baptist College is an integrated auxiliary organization of Lancaster Baptist Church, where Chappell has served as pastor for the past 31 years. He and his wife of 37 years, Terrie, recently released the new book, “Are We There Yet? Marriage—a Perfect Journey for Imperfect Couples,” a travel-themed guide for marriage.
Read more about West Coast Baptist College, Lancaster Baptist Church, “Are We There Yet?” and the Chappells here. For more information on Dr. Paul Chappell and Lancaster Baptist Church, visit paulchappell.com or www.lancasterbaptist.org, or connect via social media on Facebook, Twitter or the church’s YouTube or Vimeo.