West Coast Baptist College Trains Leaders For God’s Harvest
West Coast Baptist College Students Change Their World with the Gospel of Jesus Christ; Master of Religious Education Degree Offers Online High-Quality, Affordable Degree with Concentrations in Bible, Education, Music
LOS ANGELES—Many ministry leaders want to increase their impact, desiring to better serve the people God has called them to lead, but finding time to develop personal capacity is challenging.
The master’s degree program from West Coast Baptist College empowers students and ministry leaders to become more effective in their calling. The graduate program is available online or on campus, and is an affordable way students can invest in themselves and prepare for the exponential personal and ministry growth that God has for their future.
“We’ve had the privilege to welcome youth pastors, music leaders and outreach directors, assistant pastors and Bible class leaders, among others, who obtain a deeper level of learning without losing a zeal for practical ministry,” said West Coast Baptist College President Dr. Paul Chappell. “The West Coast Baptist curriculum places a greater burden on student research so they will be better equipped for the ministry.”
West Coast Baptist College offers a Master of Religious Education degree with concentrations in Bible, education or music:
- Bible—Students can conduct advanced research, learn how to love the Word of God on a deeper level than ever before, experience the depth of its history and truths, and learn how to apply them in practical ministry.
- Education—In the education concentration, instructors will learn the various styles of learning and teaching and how to apply them in their classrooms in relevant ways, which will help shape the future by teaching the next generation how to live for Christ.
- Music—Music is a tool that can be used in a variety of ways. In this concentration, students will learn how it can emotionally guide and promote spiritual concepts as well as master its use effectively in church environments to honor and glorify Christ.
The high-quality and affordable master’s program is also geared toward busy professionals, with classes meeting weekly, whether online or on campus.
Several West Coast Baptist College graduates have shared positive feedback with those considering graduate education:
- “I am thankful for the Ministry of WCBC and the influence on my life. I am especially thankful for the strong Bible-based master’s degree I received from there while still maintaining my ministry. I was challenged by the depth of the classes as well as stretched to grow more. Without a doubt, I am better prepared to serve Christ because of this Master’s Program.”—Kurt Kopeland, Master of Religious Education, Bible Concentration
- “The West Coast Baptist College online master’s degree in Bible is professional, practical and personal. The teachers were great to work with in the process, and all my questions were answered in a timely fashion. The program is very user friendly, and the studies are very complimentary to life in ministry.”—John Williams, Master of Religious Education, Bible Concentration
- “The master’s program at WCBC is the most practical educational opportunity that I’ve experienced. What I learned in class in the morning I was able to put into practice in our school in the afternoon. It strengthened my mind and my ministry.”—Brandon Ewing, Master of Religious Education, Education Concentration
- “The music master’s program was very helpful to me as someone in full-time ministry wanting to sharpen and develop skills. Dr. Russ Shelley is an exceptional teacher who has a unique way of tailoring his teaching to meet your specific needs and goals. I’m thankful for the time that I spent in this program.”—Jon Guy, Master of Religious Education, Music Concentration
Whether residential or online, students are enrolled in the same classes with the same instructors, covering the same material. And the WCBC online master’s degree program is not just pre-recorded lectures; the program mimics the full classroom experience.
West Coast Baptist College trains leaders at the undergraduate and graduate level. The college began in July 1986 when Chappell came to the Antelope Valley of Southern California. He was driven by a passion for lost souls and a vision of what God would do through His local church. The church began to grow through an aggressive soulwinning program with new believers being grounded through the Bible-centered preaching and an emphasis on a compassion for others. In 1995, Lancaster Baptist Church voted unanimously to expand the church’s ministry by opening the doors of WCBC.
Today, the college sits on 83 acres, which have been strategically planned to facilitate the expansion and fulfillment of the mission of WCBC. One of Chappell’s earliest goals was coalescing a team of quality, biblically minded, doctrinally sound, and academically strong faculty. These early instructors provided a strong foundation that has been added to in successive years. The Lord has blessed WCBC with able and qualified faculty who model church ministry, provide servant leadership, and give quality instruction to students.
The campus and programs of WCBC continue to expand and develop. As a Bible college, the core concentrations are in Bible, Pastoral Studies, Missions, Evangelism, Music, Church Ministries, Christian Education, Ministry Leadership Administration, Office Administration, and Secretarial. To further equip students for the work of the ministry, the college also offers proficiencies in Youth Ministry, Speech, Biblical Counseling and Graphic Design. With God’s help, WCBC continues to be a leading choice of young people from around the world.
West Coast Baptist College is an integrated auxiliary organization of Lancaster Baptist Church, where Chappell has served as pastor for past 31 years. He and his wife of 37 years, Terrie, recently released the new book, “Are We There Yet? Marriage—a Perfect Journey for Imperfect Couples,” a travel-themed guide for marriage.
Read more about West Coast Baptist College, Lancaster Baptist Church, “Are We There Yet?” and the Chappells here. For more information on Dr. Paul Chappell and Lancaster Baptist Church, visit paulchappell.com or www.lancasterbaptist.org, or connect via social media on Facebook, Twitter or the church’s YouTube or Vimeo.