Ryan Bomberger: Pro-abortion activists tragically exploit rape

‘Victims need wholeness and healing, not abortion profiteers and activists waving the latest pink euphemistic signage’

April 18, 2022

WASHINGTON D.C. — Nationwide, 81% of women and 43% of men report experiencing some form of sexual harassment and/or assault in their lifetime, with one in five women in the United States experiencing completed or attempted rape during their lifetime. These harrowing statistics show how many people in America struggle with this terrible reality, yet abortion activists and organizations such as Planned Parenthood exploit rape as a means to justify the violence of abortion, according to Ryan Bomberger, chief creative officer and co-founder of The Radiance Foundation (Radiance, www.theradiancefoundation.org).

Bomberger’s mother was raped yet courageously gave him a chance to live. Adopted at six weeks old, Bomberger grew up in a loving, multi-color Christian family of 15 with siblings from various backgrounds.

Bomberger commented, “Often the predictable response from pro-abortion activists, politicians and the news media to any pro-life measure is the exploitation of rape. The horrific tragedy of rape is one of the most violent things one human can do to another. Victims need wholeness and healing, not abortion profiteers and activists waving the latest pink euphemistic signage. Mainstream media isn’t interested, either, in presenting anything other than a pro-abortion narrative. They deliberately miss opportunities to share the valuable perspective of rape survivors who’ve rejected the violence of abortion.

“The vast majority of abortions have nothing to do with rape or incest. Even the radically pro-abortion Guttmacher Institute doesn’t make such assertions. In its study ‘Reasons U.S. Women Have Abortions,’ Guttmacher reveals that 0.4%-1.3% of respondents claimed to be victims of rape, and less than half a percent claimed to be victims of incest.” 

Bomberger stated, “To the abortion activists who constantly exploit rape with impunity, I ask this simple question: ‘If I were to concede that tragic (less than) 1%, would you agree to end the other 99% of elective abortions?’ Of course, the answer is always the same: either silence or an emphatic ‘no.’ It’s because this automatic-go-to defense of abortion really doesn’t have to do with rape. It’s why they always vehemently protest pro-life bills that include exceptions for rape and incest. 

“Fake feminists help to aid and abet rape culture, whether intentionally or not. Abusing the criminal act of rape to justify more violence is reprehensible and reveals that abortion activists truly have no defense for limitless abortion-on-demand.”

Bomberger concluded, “By talking to rape survivors across the country at events on college campuses, in churches, in schools, and at adoption-related conferences, I’ve discovered a common thread. Children conceived in rape are often considered by their biological mothers as the only redemption of such a horrific and violent act.”

The Radiance Foundation is a faith-based, educational, life-affirming 501c3 nonprofit organization. Through creative ad campaigns, powerful multimedia talks, fearless journalism, and compassionate community outreaches, The Radiance Foundation affirms that every human life has God-given purpose. The Radiance Foundation speaks to a variety of different topics, such as Critical Race Theory, the Black Lives Matter movement, LGBTQ+ activism, the First Amendment, and other critical issues. Radiance has helped to lead congressional briefings and summits on Capitol Hill on abortion, adoption, and racism, as well as spoken to thousands of students on campuses around the world including Harvard, Trinity College, Princeton University, University of Notre Dame, Mizzou, Columbia Law School, Penn State University, Eureka College, and Arizona State University, among others.

For more information on The Radiance Foundation, visitwww.theradiancefoundation.org or follow Radiance on Facebook.     

###