Southern Evangelical Seminary Offering Free Classes Through New SES Academy
Online Classes in Christian Apologetics and Biblical Studies Will Enable Students to Delve Into God’s Word at Their Own Pace and Learn to Defend their Faith More Confidently and Effectively
CHARLOTTE, N.C.—Life-long learning is essential in many fields, with successful businesspeople, medical professionals and educators continually updating their credentials and learning the latest, cutting-edge concepts.
Life-long learning should be no different for people of faith, and now Southern Evangelical Seminary (SES, www.ses.edu) is offering new, free online apologetics and Bible classes that will allow learners to delve into the Word of God at their own pace.
Through the new SES Academy, students will be able to experience the high standard of Bible study materials offered only by Southern Evangelical Seminary and taught by SES faculty and alumni. Designed with 21st century Christians in mind, classes can be taken on computers, tablets or smartphones—on the student’s individual timeline and schedule.
“These new, free SES Academy classes will equip students with the tools they need to more ably defend the Gospel of Jesus Christ and proclaim the Word of God,” said SES President Dr. Richard Land. “Now more than ever, Christians must be committed to revisiting the foundations and pillars of our faith, especially at this time in our culture. Scripture alone is the final and the highest authority to which we can appeal. Everything that Holy Scripture addresses is to be used as the final word, which is why it’s so crucial that all of us not only know that the Bible is the ultimate authority, but to be more intimately aware of the divine Truth the Lord revealed to the world in Holy Scripture. Our SES Academy will not only help Christians delve ever more deeply into Holy Scripture, but also to defend their faith evermore confidently and effectively.”
The new SES Academy (formerly the SES Lay Institute) is especially geared toward potential students who want to study deeper, know more about the Bible or defend the Christian faith, but aren’t sure if a Bible college or seminary is the right for them. The non-credit courses offer high-level training without the cost and course requirements of more formal education. They are also self-paced, have no time restrictions or deadlines, offer a certificate of completion, are taught by top-notch scholars and are free.
Two classes are currently available through the SES Academy:
- Christian Apologetics: Sharing the gospel of Christ with others can be a daunting task. What if they ask questions you can’t answer? Apologetics is a term that indicates giving a defense. In this course, students will learn how to give a defense for the Christian faith. It consists of a single module taught by SES co-founder Dr. Norman Geisler. Christian Apologetics covers the 12 steps that demonstrate that Christianity is true. Upon the completion, students will be able to rationally demonstrate the truth of Christianity.
- Biblical Studies: Do you want to know God more? Do you feel like there is something missing in your walk with the Lord? Are you a new Christian and don’t know where to start in learning about your new faith? Or are you a longtime Christian who feels like you don’t quite know the Bible the way you want? SES Academy’s Biblical Studies course teaches the entirety of the Bible—the core of the Christian faith. The course is split into two modules covering the Old and New Testaments.
Enrolled students in either course will be eligible for a 15 percent tuition discount on their first for-credit SES degree course, incumbent upon acceptance into a degree program. Each student will also receive the student discount ticket rate on any future National Conference on Christian Apologetics (conference.ses.edu).
Several SES online students have offered positive feedback about their experiences:
- “This study has been a turning point in my walk with God and in my path to serve Him. I am encouraging our youth leaders to all take this course!”
- “This course has given me a new passion to know more about God’s Word and how to stand up for what it says. I cannot wait to tell anyone who will listen.”
- “The courses were very informative. I enjoyed the study very much, and I love the idea of being able to return to the information whenever I desire.”
View more information on the SES Academy here.
SES has announced the 2018 National Conference on Christian Apologetics, which will focus on the theme of “The God Who Is.” On Oct. 12-13, the seminary will welcome top thinkers, scholars, authors, apologists and scientific minds, including Ravi Zacharias, to its 25th annual conference, which will be held at Calvary Church in Charlotte, North Carolina.
Read more about Southern Evangelical Seminary and SES President Dr. Richard Land, as well as his radio feature, “Bringing Every Thought Captive,” which airs on nearly 800 stations nationwide, here.
For more information on SES, visit its web site at www.ses.edu or its Facebook page, follow the SES Twitter feed, @sesapologetics, or call (800) 77-TRUTH.