Thousands Provide Positive Fellowship of Christian Athletes Camps Feedback at #FCAStrong
Upwards of 800 FCA Camps Reaching Coaches and Athletes This Summer in Nearly Every State Across the U.S. and in 40+ Countries
KANSAS CITY, Mo.—It’s the 2018 version of writing letters home from camp.
This summer, well over 100,000 coaches and athletes will work on their athletic skills and team building while strengthening their faith in Christ and hundreds of Fellowship of Christian Athletes (FCA, www.fca.org) Camps across the country and around the world.
And thousands of these campers of all ages are sharing positive feedback about their life-changing experiences through #FCAStrong on social media. The hashtag draws attention to the 2018 Camps theme of “Strong,” based on the Bible verse 2 Timothy 4:7: “I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, and I have remained faithful.”
Camp attendees focus on the fact that believers serve a strong God, and how His followers are called to be like Him in every area of their lives—including sports. The coaches and athletes who attend FCA Camps discover that polishing their athletic skills is important, but strengthening their faith in Christ is crucial, as evidenced by the incredible testimonials thus far, coupled with moving photographs that tell their own stories.
- “After a day of not being with these girls I’m already missing them so much. It was amazing getting to see them all lead kids to the cross and just be rockstars! Thankful for each of your hearts and your willingness to serve the KING”
- “Man what a time it was at #fcaprocamp!! There’s no other place I would rather have put all of my gear on since my last game than at this camp! God is so good and I can’t thank him enough for giving me the ability to play the sport I love!”
- “What a full and awesome day at FCA Leadership Camp. Engage… Equip… Empower…”
- “Praying whether we win or lose, thankful for the chance to compete and honor our God in competition.”
- “Final camp of the summer comes to and end! The first ever Mid-Atlantic FCA Baseball Camp was an incredible experience, and I’m so thankful that I go to be a part of it. These guys in Huddle 8 changed my life and all experienced God work in their lives.”
- “A team that prays together stays together and gets through trials together and overcomes together and celebrates together.”
View all the FCA Camps feedback thus far this summer here.
Last summer, new attendance records were set as 113,000 coaches and athletes converged at 780 Camp events in 45 states and in 41 countries around the world, where 9,417 coaches and athletes made first-time commitments to Christ and 10,997 recommitted their lives to Christ. More than 300 Camps occurred internationally, and 4,000-plus certified instructors, Huddle leaders, staff, coaches and counselors helped lead the Camps. The 2017 attendance was an increase of more than 7,200 over 2016.
This summer and throughout the remainder of August, upwards of 800 FCA Camps in the U.S. and internationally will reach about 115,000 coaches and athletes. Those who still want to be a part of the amazing experience can find FCA Camps by sport, day or location through FCA’s easy-to-use Camps site.
To find FCA Camps in specific areas or to inquire about volunteering at an FCA Camp, visit www.fcacamps.org. Read more about Fellowship of Christian Athletes here, visit FCA’s website at www.fca.org, its Facebook page at www.facebook.com/fcafans or its Twitter feed @fcanews.