Timothy Plan Founder Art Ally Headlines National Association of Christian Financial Consultants Conference Later This Month
Ally Will Discuss Past, Present and Future of Biblically Responsible Investing at NACFC’s ‘BRIghten Your Practice’ Conference July 17-20
ORLANDO, Fla.—Today, millions of Christians investing billions of dollars know that God calls them to steward His resources wisely.
But 25 years ago, the term Biblically Responsible Investing, or BRI, wasn’t even on Christians’ financial radar—until Art Ally had a dream and a vision for the Timothy Plan family of mutual funds.
Ally will be one of several headlining expert speakers later this month at the annual conference from the National Association of Christian Financial Consultants (NACFC, www.nacfc.org), set for July 17-20 in Charlotte, North Carolina.
With the 2019 theme of “BRIghten Your Practice,” the four-day event will equip planners and consultants to learn more about and be fully committed to Biblically Responsible Investing, as well as help their clients honor God with their resources.
“We are honored to welcome Timothy Plan founder and BRI pioneer Art Ally to this year’s NACFC conference,” said NACFC president and co-founder Mark Minnella. “Long before anyone was thinking about Biblically Responsible Investing, Art Ally was making it a reality, and today, thousands of financial consultants and millions of Christian investors have taken this practice to heart as a way to honor God with their money.”
In the early 1990s, Art Ally had already been working in the financial realm for 15 years, but realized he was helping Christians invest their money in companies that were not only dishonoring God, but also tearing down society. Ally knew something had to change. The Christian financial adviser was driven to start a family of mutual funds in which Christians could feel good about investing. Ally knew there had to be a way to screen companies that were contributing to evil causes.
By 1994, Timothy Plan was born, and today, Timothy Plan has held true to its original mission. Ally’s friends on Wall Street told him it would never work. They said the idealistic planner would never be able to screen funds and still see performance. A few times in the Timothy Plan story, it almost didn’t work. Even Christians were still learning they could honor God with their investments; it was a paradigm shift. But Christ-followers became more educated and saw that Ally’s plan would indeed work.
Timothy Plan was the first to successfully meet Christian investors’ needs by thoroughly researching companies to determine the actions of the firm on several levels. For instance, Timothy Plan does not invest in companies that support pornography, abortion or have other agendas contrary to the teachings of Scripture—or that are actively participating in activities that may prove destructive to our communities-at-large. Today, Timothy Plan, a BRI pioneer, has more than $1 billion of assets under management.
Minnella, who served on the board of directors for Timothy Plan, designed the first faith-based professional designation program, Christian Financial Consultant and Advisor, in the industry. His extensive background as a leader in the faith-based investment movement brings valuable guidance and discernment to the portfolio management offered through Integrity Investors, LLC, which he also founded and leads. As host of the “More than Money” radio show, Minnella has been the voice of Biblically Responsible Investing on Christian radio for over 15 years. He is also the author of “The Wall Street Awakening.”
Along with Minnella and Ally, additional speakers at the conference include:
- Dan Marcone—an ordained pastor and licensed mental health counselor. Marcone has master’s degrees in mental health counseling and biblical studies from Reformed Theological Seminary and is a former director under Larry Burkett for Christian Financial Consultants, as well as a member of the merger team with Howard Dayton’s Crown Financial.
- Harry Nelson—a graduate of The Citadel and former president of Guidestone Capital Management, LLC. Following Christ’s lead, Nelson joined Eventide Funds in 2017 and serves as director of distribution.
- Mick Owens—founder and president of Creative Financial Design (CFD) and its associated properties. CFD is a full-service broker/dealer and RIA, and also offers real estate services, estate planning services and other avenues of fulfilling its mission to serve as Christ would have us serve. Owens, with 50 years in financial services, published his first book, “The Diamond of Life,” in 2017.
- Glenn Repple—founder and president of GA Repple & Company, a full-service, Christian broker/dealer and RIA. With nearly 50 years of service in the securities industry, Repple serves on numerous boards and is a published author, podcast host and motivational speaker.
- Walt Wiley—former Walk Thru the Bible seminar instructor, chaplain of the Atlanta Braves and founder/president of Winning with Encouragement Ministries. Wiley speaks and teaches regularly in various settings. His style is motivational, inspirational, biblical, practical and peppered with humor.
The NACFC conference, hosted by the Renaissance Charlotte Suites Hotel, will provide participants with the education, tools and marketing opportunities to light up their practices and help grow their businesses through live broadcasts, sessions to renew the spirit, new programs about Insurance Stewardship, continuing education through the Christian Financial Consultant and Advisor (CFCA) University and methods for attendees to create professional videos and radio programs.
An excursion to the Billy Graham Library is also planned for Thursday, July 18, at noon. For more information on the conference, including breakout sessions, registration, lodging and a downloadable schedule, visit nacfc.org/annual-conference-2019.
The mission of the National Association of Christian Financial Consultants is to teach, train and encourage financial professionals to learn, share and instruct biblical stewardship to individuals and families believing that “it profits a man nothing to gain the whole world and lose his soul” (Matthew 16:26). Members will glorify God by impacting their world for Jesus Christ through teaching and practicing biblical stewardship.
For more information on NACFC, visit nacfc.org. View the media page for NACFC here.