iVoterGuide: America’s Basic Principles are on the Ballot this November
September 8, 2020
AUSTIN, Texas— In a little over two months, voters could decide whether we throw away America. iVoterGuide president, Debbie Wuthnow, asks, “Will America continue standing on the principles of freedom outlined by our Founding Fathers, or will we instead throw it all away and replace it with something else?”
She continued, “Our vote this November is more critical than ever. That’s because the forces opposing America have been unleashed. The choice is ours.”
It boils down to Three Choices:
Keep Religious Freedom or Let Government Dictate Church Practices?
- The first target of the ‘cancel culture’ is religious freedom. Faith is dangerous to the radical agenda, and so it must be eliminated.
- Leaders like California’s Gov. Gavin Newsom banned indoor worship for territory covering 80 percent of that state’s residents.
- Legal defense organizations are inundated with cases where churches and individual Christians have been severely restricted across the nation.
- Governments have allowed churches and religious figures to be torn down or threatened.
The Choice is Clear:
Will America vote for candidates who see faith as “nonessential”?
Will we vote for candidates who will renew America’s historic affinity for faith in God?
Keep American Heritage or Tear Down and Rewrite American History as Evil?
- In June, protests over racial tension turned a corner far beyond race. Peaceful protestors were replaced by radicals taking over blocks of cities, and tearing down statues and monuments of heroes – from founding fathers to first responders – even abolitionists like former African-American slave and statesman, Frederick Douglas.
- Leaders of these movements proclaim themselves to be “trained Marxists,” and are honored by many candidates for office this election
- Radicals claim that America is, at its core, an evil nation, and always has been—thatAmerica is not a great nation with flaws, but instead that America is built on a foundation of evil, ignoring the good.
- The American flag is a target of derision for famous athletes and others.
The Choice is Clear:
Will America vote for weak candidates sympathetic with the radical agenda, seeking to totally change our society and system of government?
Will we vote for candidates who will counter these mistaken views, correct the errors, and uphold America’s basic principles?
Keep the Rule of Law or Defund the Police?
- As Democratic-run cities across the country vote to defund their police departments, “progressive” politicians make very weak disagreements in order to appease their base.
- Violent crime is skyrocketing in areas where police have been put at a disadvantage. And in many cities, police are retiring early due to lack of support by elected officials.
- “Christian voters realize that citizens must always be aware of the potential for abuse by government, including law enforcement,” says Wuthnow. “But we are also aware that ‘no authority exists except from God’ (Romans 13:1) and that the police are ‘a minister of God to you for good’ (v.4).
The Choice is Clear:
Will America vote for politicians who accept social chaos and disorder?
Will America vote for politicians who will restore and maintain social order, knowing that where there is no social order, there is anarchy and, eventually, tyranny?
It is imperative that Christian and conservative voters this coming November understand what kind of a future the political candidates favor:
- Big government tyranny or freedom?
- Religious freedom or state-mandated thought control?
- The rule of law or mob rule leading to tyranny?
If Christian voters understand where candidates stand on the issues, they will:
(1) Vote biblically and responsibly, and
(2) Turn out to vote in greater numbers.
Information can lead to better leaders!
“America’s basic principles are on the ballot this November,” says Wuthnow. “The Choice is Ours!”
A critical question iVoterGuide helps voters answer is, “What have those who have been entrusted with power as an elected official done with that authority in the time they have possessed it?”
iVoterGuide is your one-stop resource for candidate ratings and election information in 2020. From a Christian and conservative perspective, iVoterGuide’s expert researchers give you an in-depth analysis—and overall rating—for about 8,000 candidates in 3,500 races.
In addition, iVoterGuide gives you election dates, registration deadlines, and polling locations. iVoterGuide has the information you need to vote wisely. Use iVoterGuide to identify candidates on your ballot that share your values, and will help restore the principles of limited government, free enterprise and traditional American values. Learn more at iVoterGuide.com.
To interview a representative from iVoterGuide, contact Media@HamiltonStrategies.com, Jeff Tolson, 610.584.1096, ext. 108, or Deborah Hamilton, ext. 102