Commit to Biblically Responsible Investing in 2020
The BRI Pioneer—Timothy Plan, with 12 Funds and 4 ETFs, Has Helped Christian Investors Honor God with Their Finances for 25 Years
January 23, 2020
ORLANDO, Fla.—With many resolving to eat better, move more or perform random acts of kindness, the Timothy Plan family of biblically responsible mutual funds and ETFs says there’s no better time than a new year to commit to biblically responsible investing (BRI).
Twenty-five years ago, Timothy Plan, founded by Art Ally, was the BRI pioneer and continues to be the leader in the industry.
“Since 1994, Timothy Plan has been committed to not invest a single penny into any company that violates our eight biblical screens,” Ally said. “Timothy Plan’s mission is to enable the faithful to invest with a clear conscience, therefore, our screens take into account the issues that should be top of mind for Christians when it comes to investing. These include life, purity, family, marriage, liberty, sobriety, longevity and stewardship.”
For a quarter of a century, Timothy Plan has helped people as they strive to achieve their financial goals while investing in a morally responsible manner. Timothy Plan, for example, does not invest in those companies that support abortion or have other agendas contrary to the teachings of Scripture—or that are actively participating in activities that may prove destructive to our communities-at-large.
A driving principle for Timothy Plan is that God owns everything—which can, and should, be the foundational principle for Christian investors, too. Timothy Plan funds take a pro-life, pro-family approach to investing—not only to benefit the investor but the broader culture. Timothy Plan leaders are firmly committed to running a mutual fund company with the integrity, excellence and wisdom that brings honor and glory to God.
“The first step to a commitment in 2020 to biblically responsible investing is to acknowledge that all resources are God-given,” Ally said. “They belong to Him, so we should be investing those resources in a biblically responsible way.”
After that realization, Ally added, investors can work with their financial advisors to review current investments, then embark on a plan to ensure their money is only being invested in biblically responsible ways.
Specifically, investing biblically with Timothy Plan brings several advantages:
- Professionally Managed: The portfolio managers Timothy Plan employs have developed advanced skills through experience or specialized education that helps them in making investment predictions and decisions.
- Convenience: Most investors don’t have the time or expertise to manage their investments. Timothy Plan portfolio managers dedicate their professional lives to research and analysis of fund holdings on a daily basis.
- Affordability and Liquidity: Investors can start with a relatively small amount of money and have the option to buy or redeem shares on any business day.
- Well-Regulated and Transparent: Compared to some other investments, mutual funds are highly regulated and offer transparency in their business practices.
- Flexibility: Mutual funds offer a variety of investment options (e.g., fixed income, balanced, growth, sector and global). Some of these options provide an emphasis on generating regular income for an investor, while other options look for long-term growth.
- Minimum Paperwork: Gains/losses, dividends and income earnings are calculated and provided to the investor on a quarterly basis.
- Diversified Investment Strategies: Timothy Plan’s 12 mutual funds offer the opportunity for a diversified investment strategy across five asset classes, plus four ETFs.
“What will it profit a man if he gains the whole world and forfeits his soul?” Ally said. “The way Christians invest not only affects their financial goals but the broader culture. When we choose to invest in any security, we become owners in a company and help support financially the mission and vision of that company. Timothy Plan allows Christians to invest in companies whose products and practices do not degrade the broader culture. We believe this is a better kind of investing.”
To interview Timothy Plan founder and president Art Ally, contact Media@HamiltonStrategies.com, Pat Benner, 610.584.1096, ext. 104, or Deborah Hamilton, ext. 102.
PAST PERFORMANCE DOES NOT GUARANTEE FUTURE RESULTS AND YOU MAY LOSE MONEY. You should consider the fund’s investment objectives, risks, charges and expenses. This and other important information can be found in the fund’s prospectus. To obtain a copy, visit timothyplan.com or call 800.846.7526. Read the prospectus carefully before investing or sending money. Mutual Funds distributed by Timothy Partners, Ltd., member FINRA. ETFs distributed by Foreside Fund Services, LLC, MEMBER FINRA and SIPC. Timothy Partners, Ltd. is not affiliated with Foreside Fund Services, LLC.