The BRI Pioneer—Timothy Plan—with 12 Funds and 6 ETFs,Has Helped Christian Investors Honor God with Their Finances for 28 Years
February 28, 2022
ORLANDO, Fla.—With many resolving to eat better, exercise more or perform random acts of kindness, the Timothy Plan family of biblically responsible mutual funds and ETFs says there’s no better time than a new year to commit to Biblically Responsible Investing (BRI).
Twenty-eight years ago, Timothy Plan, founded by Art Ally, was the BRI pioneer and continues to be a leader in the industry.
“Since 1994, Timothy Plan has been committed to invest not a single penny into any company that violates our eight biblical filters,” Ally says. “Timothy Plan’s mission is to enable the faithful to invest with a clear conscience. Therefore, our filters take into account the issues that should be top of mind for Christians when it comes to investing. These include life, purity, family, marriage, liberty, sobriety, longevity and stewardship.”
For over a quarter of a century, Timothy Plan has helped people as they strive to achieve their financial goals while investing in a morally responsible manner. Timothy Plan, for example, does not invest in companies that support abortion or have other agendas contrary to the teachings of Scripture—or that are actively participating in activities that may prove destructive to our communities-at-large.
A driving principle for Timothy Plan is that God owns everything—which can, and should, be the foundational principle for Christian investors, too. Timothy Plan funds take a pro-life, pro-family approach to investing—not only to benefit the investor but the broader culture. Timothy Plan leaders are firmly committed to running a mutual fund company with the integrity, excellence and wisdom that brings honor and glory to God.
“The first step to a commitment in 2022 to Biblically Responsible Investing is to acknowledge that all resources are God-given,” Ally said. “They belong to Him, so we should be investing those resources in a biblically responsible way.”
After that realization, Ally adds, investors can work with their financial advisors to review current investments, then embark on a plan to ensure their money is invested only in biblically responsible ways.
Specifically, Ally believes that investing biblically with Timothy Plan brings several advantages:
- Professionally Managed: The portfolio managers Timothy Plan employs have developed advanced skills through experience or specialized education that helps them in making investment predictions and decisions.
- Convenience: Most investors don’t have the time or expertise to manage their investments. Timothy Plan portfolio managers dedicate their professional lives to researching and analyzing fund holdings on a daily basis.
- Affordability and Liquidity: Investors can start with a relatively small amount of money and have the option to buy, redeem or trade shares on any business day.
- Well-Regulated and Transparent: Compared to some other investments, mutual funds are highly regulated and offer transparency in their business practices.
- Flexibility: Mutual funds offer a variety of investment options (e.g., fixed income, balanced, growth, sector and global). Some of these options emphasize generating regular income for an investor, while other options look for long-term growth.
- Minimum Paperwork: Gains/losses, dividends and income earnings are calculated and provided to the investor on a quarterly basis.
- Diversified Investment Strategies: Timothy Plan’s 12 mutual funds offer the opportunity for a diversified investment strategy across five asset classes, plus 6 Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs).
“What will it profit a man if he gains the whole world and forfeits his soul?” Ally says. “The way Christians invest not only affects their financial goals but the broader culture. When we choose to invest in any security, we become owners in a company and help support financially the mission and vision of that company. Timothy Plan allows Christians to invest in companies whose products and practices do not degrade the broader culture. We believe this is a better kind of investing.”
Since 1994, Timothy Plan has existed to help advisors and investors achieve their financial goals through a pro-life, pro-family approach to investing—not only to benefit the investor but the broader culture. Timothy Plan is firmly committed to running a mutual fund company with the integrity, excellence and wisdom that brings honor and glory to our Lord Jesus and is a beacon for Godly stewardship in the financial community.
The first of its kind, Timothy Plan is a family of mutual funds that filters its funds to ensure that no money is invested in companies that support ideals contrary to Christian biblical, moral imperative. In 2019, Timothy Plan celebrated 25 years as founders of helping Christians achieve their financial goals while investing in a biblically and morally responsible manner.
Before investing, carefully consider the fund’s investment objectives, risks, charges, and expenses of the investment company. This and other important information can be found in the fund’s prospectus. To obtain a copy, visit timothyplan.com or call 800.846.7526. Read each prospectus carefully before investing.
INVESTING INVOLVES RISK INCLUDING THE POTENTIAL LOSS OF PRINCIPAL
Because the Timothy Plan Funds do not invest in excluded securities, the Funds may be riskier than other funds that invest in a broader array of securities. There are risks when a fund limits its investments to particular sized companies, and all companies are subject to market risk. The Fund recently experienced significant negative short-term performance due to market volatility associated with the Covid-19 pandemic.
Mutual funds distributed by Timothy Partners, Ltd., member FINRA. ETFs distributed by Foreside Fund Services, LLC, MEMBER FINRA. Timothy Partners, Ltd. is not affiliated with Foreside Fund Services, LLC.