Timothy Plan Helps Christians Apply Specific, Biblically Based Screens to Their Investments
Timothy Plan Screens Companies in Eight Areas—Life, Stewardship, Purity, Longevity, Family, Sobriety, Marriage and Liberty—So Investors Will Know What Their God-Given Resources Are Funding
ORLANDO, Fla.—Twenty-five years ago, when Timothy Plan pioneered the first pro-life, pro-family investment screening standard, leaders spent countless hours investigating companies to determine if they were involved in any unbiblical practices.
“Our commitment, first to our Lord, is that we will not invest a single penny into any company that violates our screens,” said Timothy Plan founder Art Ally. “Selecting a mutual fund should be about more than its rate of return—it should also be morally responsible. That’s why our mission, still today, is to enable believers to invest in a manner that combines both of these objectives.”
For a quarter of a century, Timothy Plan has lived by and promoted biblically responsible investing (BRI), allowing clients to invest in a way that aligns with both their values and retirement goals. A foundational principle is that God owns everything, and Timothy Plan leaders are firmly committed to managing a mutual fund company with the integrity, excellence and wisdom that brings honor and glory to the Lord.
Timothy Plan’s eight specific screening areas for companies include the following:
- LIFE—Abortion: Life is a precious gift from God—even from the moment of conception. This screen seeks to protect the lives of the unborn by screening out companies involved in the abortion industry, including fetal tissue research, and the manufacturing and distribution of abortifacients.
- STEWARDSHIP—Gambling: We are called to be wise stewards with all that God has given us—not as one who gambles away his money or brings himself to ruin. This screen identifies gambling-related activities, including equipment manufacturers, casinos, riverboats, cruise lines, racetracks and gambling software.
- PURITY—Pornography: Our culture has exchanged true beauty and sexuality for the lust of the eyes and impurity—and seeks to make it a commodity. This screen identifies companies engaged in the promotion of adult themes through advertisements, media, games, stores, establishments, publications and the internet.
- LONGEVITY—Tobacco: Known as a silent killer and a common cause of lung cancer, Timothy Plan does not invest in companies that manufacture tobacco. This screen identifies manufacturers of cigarettes, cigars, smokeless tobacco products, tobacco leaf distributors and marketers, and tobacco-specific retail stores.
- FAMILY—Entertainment: Families are the foundation of our culture, and the values we instill need to be preserved. This screen identifies companies engaged in anti-family entertainment through the promotion of violence, language, sex and drugs through advertisements, media, games, stores, establishments and publications.
- SOBRIETY—Alcohol: Alcohol addiction hurts and destroys children and families; therefore, Timothy Plan does not invest in companies that manufacture alcohol. This screen identifies companies that enable these abuses, including brewers, distillers, microbrewers and winemakers.
- MARRIAGE—Lifestyle: Marriage is holy—instituted by God. This screen identifies companies that engage in policies and practices that are contrary to the affirmation of the sacred bond between a man and a woman instituted by and publicly entered into before God.
- LIBERTY—Rights: We are endowed by our Creator with certain inalienable rights—life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. These rights are removed from many people across the world. This screen identifies companies that are involved in human oppression, human trafficking, slave labor, terrorism and Christian persecution.
Timothy Plan also offers Christian investors many free resources so they may embark on the journey of learning more about BRI and move toward fully honoring God with their money. These free resources include investor reports and worksheets, videos about BRI, a blog with current trends, downloadable literature and the free Biblical Stewardship Series.
Through a subscription to the one-of-a-kind eVALUEator, Timothy Plan uses this biblically based dynamic and moral investment screening tool to reveal immoral corporate activity. When Christian investors have this tool, they can rest easy even in times of market unrest, such as the present, because they know they are honoring God with their money and possessions.
PAST PERFORMANCE DOES NOT GUARANTEE FUTURE RESULTS AND YOU MAY LOSE MONEY. You should consider the fund’s investment objectives, risks, charges and expenses. This and other important information can be found in the fund’s prospectus. To obtain a copy, visit timothyplan.com or call 800.846.7526. Read the prospectus carefully before investing or sending money. Mutual Funds distributed by Timothy Partners, Ltd. member FINRA. ETFs distributed by Foreside Fund Services, LLC, MEMBER FINRA and SIPC. Timothy Partners, Ltd. Is not affiliated with Victory Capital Management Inc. or Foreside Fund Services, LLC.