Moms for America: Election Integrity is the Only Safeguard for Our Democracy and Our Individual Rights of Freedom and Liberty
April 19, 2021
DAYTON, OHIO — A new Honest Elections Project report is exploring potentially severe consequences that House Democrats’ voting reform bill H.R. 1 could have on states across the country — including ones that already have progressive laws on the books. The Honest Elections Project, a group that in 2020 warned of flaws in several states’ voting systems, is now warning that if the bill passes in its current form, it would overwhelm state governments that would be forced to make significant reforms under short deadlines or face legal consequences.
“Speaker Pelosi is rallying the House Representatives to vote for a newly crafted legislation H.R. 1 ‘For the People Act of 2021’ that will make illegal, fraudulent voter activity even easier,” stated Kimberly Fletcher, founder and president of Moms for America® (www.MomsforAmerica.us). “Speaker Pelosi is rushing the vote through and Kamala Harris will cast the deciding vote. While they make it sound good with their carefully crafted language, the truth is, it is an attempt to silence our voices at the voting booth.
“Election integrity is the only safeguard for our democracy and our individual rights of freedom and liberty. Voters must contact their United States Senators and let them know that they do not support H.R. 1 or anything that interferes with the integrity of our elections.”
Fletcher urges voters to visit www.MomsforAmerica.us, where they can find the provisions of H.R.1 (S1 in the Senate) explained:
- H.R. 1 would federalize our election processes, which are currently run by the states. This is D.C. politicians’ way of trying to make sure the outcome remains in their favor for the long term. Politicians already in Washington should not be choosing who goes to Washington—voters should!
- Eviscerates state voter ID laws that require a voter to authenticate his identity. “For the People Act” forbids states from requiring voter ID to vote. Here is a direct quote from the Bill “A state may not require an individual to provide any form of identification as a condition of obtaining an absentee ballot.”
- Unchecked Voter Identification. States will be required to register voters on the day of elections and instead of requiring voters to bring ID to the polls, H.R. 1 allows for people to simply “sign a statement” confirming identification. With no buffer-period to verify personal information, this provision could easily lead to voter fraud.
- Forbids states from validating mail-in ballots. As outlined in the Bill a “State may not require notarization, witness signature, or other formal authentication (other than the voter attestation as a condition of obtaining or casting an absentee ballot).”
- Helps Socialist Elites in Elections. H.R. 1 is designed to fund, elect, and maintain socialist elites in Congress, it even allows for using taxpayer dollars to fund candidates.
- Removal of Redistricting Power. Under this bill, the power to draw congressional districts would be given to an unelected third-party, taking all oversite away from the voter and the people they elect to represent them.
- Automatic Registration of Ineligible Voters. H.R. 1 interferes with states’ abilities to determine qualifications for voters and destroys the accuracy of voter registration rolls. It not only allows, but also promotes, non-citizens to vote.
- No Accountability for Vote Counting. Destroys the sanctity of the election process and endangers our democracy by requiring ballots to be counted outside the county’s precinct.
- Felon Voter Registration. Upon release from prison, felons are automatically allowed to register as voters.
- Paid Salary out of Campaign Funds. Allows candidates to be paid a salary out of their campaign funds…the same campaign funds that would now be funded with taxpayer dollars. Taxpayers already pay Congressmen a salary—but now politicians want to double-dip!
Moms for America® is recognized as one of the fastest growing movements of women in America, giving voice and value to the silent majority of American women who love God, protect life, treasure family, and cherish freedom. Moms for America® is a national movement uniting moms across the country on a mission to reclaim culture for truth, family, freedom, and the constitution, to raise a new generation of patriots, and to heal America from the inside out through the homes and hearts of the mothers of America. Moms for America® is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) education corporation dedicated to promoting a foundation of liberty through the mothers of America in their homes, within their communities, and with their vote.
Moms for America Action consists of thousands of moms from every race, religion and nationality who believe in our Republic, our Constitution, and our God-given liberties. Moms for America Action is the voice of mothers on the cultural and political issues of the day. Moms for America Action strives to faithfully represent the hearts of mothers from all across our great nation–moms who inspire faith and bless America by raising tomorrow’s leaders.
For more information on Moms for America, visit www.MomsforAmerica.us, its Facebook page or follow on YouTube, Instagram or Pinterest. For more information on Moms for America Action, visit www.mfaaction.com.
To interview Kimberly Fletcher, founder and president of Moms for America, contact Media@HamiltonStrategies.com, Jeff Tolson, 610.584.1096, ext. 108, or Deborah Hamilton, ext. 102.